TR Leger Immigrant Services
TR Leger Immigrant Services has been assisting newcomers to Eastern Ontario since August 2008. TRLIS is a part of the Upper Canada District School Board and operates under the TR Leger School. TRLIS is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, and is dedicated to serving Permanent Residents, Live-in-Caregivers and Convention Refugees with settlement and immigration needs. Immigrants and Newcomers to Canada are welcome to visit our center in order to:
- Use the computer/internet/phone/fax
- Find information regarding housing, employment, education, health, transportation, community and government services, etc.
- Receive help completing immigration or citizenship applications
- Speak to a qualified Settlement Worker regarding immigration or settlement questions
- Receive information regarding English as a Second Language and LINC programs
New Welcome Centre for Newcomers to Canada
TR Leger Immigrant Services has relocated to 600 McConnell Avenue
TR Leger Immigrant Services has relocated to 600 McConnell Avenue (the former Immaculate Conception school) and officially opened its doors earlier this week.“Our new location is more central and easier to find,” says Tania Stover, Vice-Principal and Manager of Literacy & Language Services with the TR Leger School. “The building allows us to consolidate our immigrant services on the second floor, and our alternative education services on the main floor. The new arrangement allows for easy communication and teamwork.”
TR Leger Immigrant Services is located in the same building as the TR Leger School of Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education. The TR Leger School offers a number of employment preparation programs, literacy preparation and Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credit programs.